THOUGH I SHARE SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS IDEAS, AND TEACH YOU JOY-INDUCING RELATIONSHIP SKILLS, WHAT I OFFER YOU WILL COME FROM DEEP LISTENING TO THE WISDOM WITHIN YOU. YOUR INNER KNOWING GUIDES THIS WORK.
I’m so glad you asked…
For over a decade, I've been helping clients achieve remarkable success with less stress in many areas of life. My coaching is a unique blend of skills and gifts developed through my years of experience as a business leader, a life rich with community, times spent on retreat in solitude, exploration into healing modalities during years of illness, as well as the study and application of body-based practices to embrace presence. Some of my tools include techniques from Somatic Experiencing™, Process Work™, yoga, tantra and more.
Clients work with me because they want great things, but whether it’s a better relationship, inner peace or super stardom, something keeps eluding them no matter how hard they work. I shine a light on their greatest strengths and authentic gifts while uncovering blindspots that are holding them back. In a cocoon of non-judgment and confidentiality they are able to breakthrough old ways of being and truly transform so they can shine in the world. Clients often reflect that getting the results they wanted was easier and far less scary then they’d imagined it would be.
I don’t have a set program that I try to fit you into. Instead I fit my approach to who you are, what you want to achieve, and where you’re at right now. By asking the right questions and listening deeply I help my clients find the way out of their current state and into the life they want, using their own body’s wisdom as the guide.
YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH MUCH MORE DOING MUCH LESS, WHEN YOU’RE DOING THE THINGS THAT ARE RIGHT FOR YOU.
“I CALL HER MY LIFE MIDWIFE. DEBRA LISTENS SO DEEPLY, AND HOLDS YOU IN SUCH A SINCERE TANGIBLE WAY, THINGS JUST HAPPEN AND A NEW WAY OF BEING EMERGES.”
I absolutely love being a coach. With over a decade of coaching experience, I’ve moved from the early days of wondering if my clients’ extraordinary successes could be replicated to trusting in the transformational power of the work we do as a client-coach team. My innate gifts, as well as those I’ve nurtured over the years, have led me to this sacred role of helping others awaken to their own magnificence.
I’ve launched and led socially and environmentally progressive businesses and non-profit organizations, so I intimately understand the joys, frustrations, excitement, and overwhelm that can come from being the leader. I took a break from my career to deal with health issues and moved to a remove village in Mexico only accessible by boat. Living in a house with few walls and no electricity, I experienced a profound awakening and learned to live at the pace of my own nature and how to access peace at any time through my body, even when dealing with debilitating pain.
IN CASE YOU LIKE DETAILS, HERE’S SOME OF MY BACKGROUND:
- I have a Masters in Leadership and Training and it delights me to help people master their lives, finding their own authentic style.
- Played a key role in the early stages of the progressive venture fund, Renewal Partners, which has proven to be a model for other funds. Working closely with the president, I found and assessed progressive businesses to add to our portfolio, created important connections for our companies, and coached CEOs to improve the bottom line while achieving social and environmental goals by bringing out the best in themselves and their teams.
- Was President of Canada’s first socially responsible full service investment firm, and co-founder of Canada’s largest organic home grocery delivery business.
- Turned underperforming locations into top-producers for The Body Shop Canada, by inspiring, supporting and training staff, introducing innovative new ways to do business and engaging the community in impactful ways.
- Co-launched the Social Venture Institute at Hollyhock, an annual 4 day intensive for progressive business leaders to share problems, get expert business advice and learn best practices.
- Taught at the Hollyhock Leadership Institute, an annual program for non-profit leaders.
- Throughout the years I've sat on boards, volunteered, and offered advice to a variety of non-profits and businesses.
Live the life you love
I wrote this e-book to help you live a life you love, without making dramatic changes, spending tons of money, or finding time you really don't have.
The seven chapters will guide you through simple steps you can easily incorporate into every day. You'll access the joy and peace that are at the core of your being no matter what kind of crazy shannanigans are going on, in the world, or in your mind.